Repairing insidious database bug

I’ve added a slew of new tests that validate the persistence clazzes (ItRecord descendants).

They exposed an insidious bug, that I’m now repairing: SetRecord and SortedCollectionRecord have never been correctly loaded. Worse, the record_id of their behavior entry is wrong — it is “0”, which should never happen.

This, in turn, means that I now have to adjust the database cleanup and setup routines so that they can be called from regular code, instead of the browser-based admin tools. I suppose I’ll have to be disciplined and write a new test case that confirms THIS change.

The database cleanup and setup routines are invoked from “prepareForDebug”, which is located someplace in the ZeeLife root. I suppose now is as good a time as any to go find and capture it.

In addition, all this means that I’ve started to populate the sql branch of the git tree. I need to move the Kernel.ZeeStore records around. The sql branch is organized like the python and ruby branches; the sql for each assembly/subassembly is located in a correspondingly-named subdirectory of the sql branch.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: